Posts tagged gae
I also found a Python routine that is part of the contributed code for NLTK that was not bad but again struggled with some words. You see, I had naively thought this would be a simple exercise. I hadn’t realised that Syllable Counting in the English language is pretty difficult stuff with so many More >
</marketing-bit>As I’ve mentioned before I’m developing a Natural Language Processing system called ScrewTinny (scrutiny) that analyses the language that high-tech vendors use to take their products to market. Knowing how much jargon text contains allows me to infer which audience the text is aimed at (IT Technical, IT Business, Business). And that’s important to More >
I had planned to deploy ScrewTinny to Google App Engine and I’ve actually been very happy with how easy it is to get up and running with it on my Arcanicity Index project (more of that later). However, I found the process of generating HTML in a Python app akin to pulling my own teeth out. So I looked at templating techniques where embedded code is replaced at run-time which looked like it might be a More >
I’ve looked at using Excel to create charts manually. I’ve looked at Python chart libraries. I’ve looked at Google Docs. But now I think I might have found a winner – Google Chart Tools.
I’ve been agonising about how to deliver the results of my NLP text analysis. At the moment I’ve put a bunch of effort into creating charts in .Net so that I can inject them automatically into a PowerPoint using VSTO. It’s working fine but it limits me from being about to use the More >
So I’m going to try to produce an on-line version of my Arcanicity Index. It will be very simple system, and because I don’t have a fag packet on which to sketch it out, I’ll list the specification below.
The user will be asked to enter some text and then click a button market Process. DeepThought will then sit and ponder for 7 and half million years and respond with “42″. Either that or it will provide the visitor with some text statistics and an More >