Counting Syllables Accurately in Python on Google App Engine
I wanted to be able to count syllables accurately in Python and looked around for existing code that I could re-use. I found one or two routines written in PHP that looked promising so I ported them to Python but was pretty disappointed with the accuracy. I also found a Python routine that is part […]Continue reading
FileZilla, SFTP and Amazon EC2
I’ve just made a little discovery so thought I would note it in in these pages because I’m sure I’ll need it again. I’m investigating Amazon’s EC2 at that moment and am trying to put some code up there and struggling to use FTP securely to do it. I use FileZilla on Ubuntu and […]Continue reading
arcanicity.appspot.com – How much jargon does your text contain?
My first Google App Engine project went live yesterday. This one deals with estimating the readability of a text when jargon such as acronyms and abbreviations are taken into account. </marketing-bit>As I’ve mentioned before I’m developing a Natural Language Processing system called ScrewTinny (scrutiny) that analyses the language that high-tech vendors use to take their products to […]Continue reading
Nothing’s ever easy – Google App Engine…
Well, at least nothing appears easy to me when selecting the deployment configuration for ScrewTinny – my Python-based competitive marketing intelligence app. I had planned to deploy ScrewTinny to Google App Engine and I’ve actually been very happy with how easy it is to get up and running with it on my Arcanicity Index project […]Continue reading